Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"What races?", you all sleepily ask?
"Why the human races!", I reply.
:cool: :D

·
Canadian By Choice
117,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sunny and cool this fine morning here in St.John's. Fresh coffee, anyone???????

·
Canadian By Choice
117,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Clockwork, you are up earlier than I am (local time). I am out with my dogs in Churchill Park at 630AM and then I start teaching online at about 7AM. Once I answer all of my email messages from students, I wander over to ehMacLand. I guess someone has to open up the door of the Town Hall and Community Center, and get the coffee and tea started. Such is Life.

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
Hey Dr G, if you don't mind me asking what do you teach? I am currently taking distance education at Queens University. I am working on my BA in Psychology. I am currently an addiction counsellor.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Clockwork, I teach in the Faculty of Education at Memorial Univ. of Newfoundland. My area is literacy education (i.e., I teach teachers-in-training how to teach literacy to their K-12 students). I also teach grad courses in the teaching of writing and in the diagnosis and prescription of literacy problems/learning disabilities. I have had a student or two from Queens, who register for the MUN course, and do it online. Last year, and this year, I am a teleprofessor, teaching all of my required 6 course workload online. Ed.6647 would be the only course I would recommend you taking from me, if you were so inclined. Check out www.ratemyprofessors.com and follow the Canada/Atlantic Provinces/Memorial Univ. and G for Glassman route to see what other students have thought of my teaching online.

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
Hey, Dr. G, my wife is a special assignment literacy teacher for her school board.

She's trained in and done early literacy intervention and is now training classroom teachers in literacy education. She visits schools, helps teachers improve their classroom setups, and shows them teaching and assessment techniques.

She's always looking for courses particularly on-line, since there isn't much local opportunity, to broaden her knowledge and improve her skills.

Have you got anything going on-line or is it all classroom based?

·
Canadian By Choice
117,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You might tell your wife that all the courses I teach are literacy courses, and are mostly online. Tell her to check out our Faculty's web site at http://www.mun.ca/educ/ . I teach Ed.3040, 3515, 4350, 6641 and 6647 online at least onec a year (the two 6000 level courses are graduate level courses).

·
Canadian By Choice
117,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No problem. I have students next semester from Nova Scotia, Ontario, Alberta and Sask. In fact, my six literacy web courses constitute the most literacy education courses that are online of any Canadian university. I have been online with various courses since the winter semester of 1997.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts