Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Quote:

""As they got out of their vehicle, a man attacked them with a chain, striking one of our members in the head, the second one in the face," Chow said."

When one becomes so violent and seriously injuries 2 police officers, you deserve to be shot. No police officer will use non-lethal force against a man with a flying chain, particularly because you can't get near the man in the first place to bring him down with close hand-to-hand combat.

Witnesses say 6 to over 10 shots fired into him AFTER he goes down!
This does not necessarily prove anything. Despite up to 10 shots being fired, it is unlikely all shots fired hit the man. That being said, despite only one officer firing the fatal round, it is likely reasonable to assume more than one officer opened fire, hence so many rounds going off. If the suspect was running around, dodging, or taking cover, the police would have fired several rounds at least, most of them likely missing the target. In regards to firing at the suspect after he was already shot once before, it's always possible the officers did not realize he had already been shot, or could not completely see the suspect on the ground.

Really, it's pre-mature to jump to any conclusions that the police were out of line. In the heat of the moment, bad **** can happen. Only after the incident has ceased can we spend eternity amounts of time cross-examining what happened. Out there in the field, however, both suspects and officers make split-second choices that we really don't have the right to question -- especially in this situation where the suspected wounded two officers before being shot dead.

Of course, my theory could be incorrect as well. It will be interesting to see the final outcome of the investigation that is likely to follow.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Are there any "witnesses" that weren't over a block away? (I can't watch the video right now, but as far as I can see both articles only mention witnesses that were over a block away)

·
Indigent Academic
8,115 Posts
"....... a man attacked them with a chain..........."
Doesn't anyone get the concept of "consequences" anymore? You attack with a chain, you are using 'lethal' force - consider the fragility of the skull in particular and the physics of the force of a swinging chain. You should expect to be received likewise.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,940 Posts
Doesn't anyone get the concept of "consequences" anymore? You attack with a chain, you are using 'lethal' force - consider the fragility of the skull in particular and the physics of the force of a swinging chain. You should expect to be received likewise.
What's good for the goose and all. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
MB's disdain for the VPD is the stuff of legends. Slightly biased but damned interesting none the less. :yikes:

But honestly, policing our city is an increasingly difficult job, so let's not point the finger too quickly when a tragic incident occurs.

·
Registered
6,500 Posts
I'm seriously sick and tired of all the crap the police forces are receiving, cut them some slack. What, are the police only supposed to kill the guy after one of their own get killed? Plus I dunno it seriously sounds like someone's been tampering with the story, or leaving something out. Can you, MB, honestly 100% tell me that this guy was not confrontational and an immediate threat to the police officers and/or the public? Step 1, fire a warning shot, step 2 immobilize the guy, step 3 render him unconscious if he remains a threat, you may possibly kill him but the safety of the general public is more important than that guy, is it not?

Kudos to the VPD for doing their job.

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
But how do you really feel MB?

;)

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
You're painting an entire police force with a single brush. Not entirely fair, wouldn't you say?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.