Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just been using vmware fusion for a day or so, and it rocks.
It is very smooth, uses few system resources and Unity is amazing.

I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to run a virtual machine on thier intel mac.

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
Has anybody done a good comparison between the latest releases of Parallels Desktop and VMware fusion?

I'm also a Parallels owner, but never upgraded as I have little use for it. Bought it more for the 'geewiz factor' when it first came out. I never used it with Windows, only linux. I'm wondering if VMWare is more Linux friendly as Parallels seems to be making a lot of effort on the Windows site at the expense of Linux.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have been using Parallels Desktop since v2...then upgrade to v3 under the half price deal (glad someone paid for that, not me!).

Then moved to VM Fusion with the half price deal. And I bought two license keys. Fusion is much smoother + stable and as other people have said - use much less system resource.

Since then, Parallels Desktops is no longer on my hard drive, even the backup CDs I burnt headed to trash.

Parallels DT is having so much problem since v.3

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.