S'matter, Freddie?

No Joey Wetfingers memes?

·
Premium Member
23,273 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,976 Posts
Freddie meant to put up this photo of Bill Clinton carrying the same book at the same church:
Somewhat different context, don't you think?

The criticism of him holding the bible upside-down is a bit much, I agree, since he did hold it in various other positions.

Donnie went a little beyond reason for a photo-op, but then, he certainly knows his base..
. XX)

'He wears the armor of God': evangelicals hail Trump's church photo op

No one accuses Donald Trump of subtlety. When the US president raised a Bible overhead on Monday evening outside St John’s Episcopal church in Washington DC, the sign was unmistakable: an appeal to his white evangelical base for loyalty, as protests and riots roared across America.

Not every Christian answered the call. The Rev Gini Gerbasi, an Episcopal priest, said police used teargas to drive her and others from St John’s before Trump’s appearance. “They turned holy ground into a battleground,” she told Religion News Service.

But many of Trump’s evangelical supporters, far from Washingtons political stage, saw the move as a victory in a world rife with evil.

“My whole family was flabbergasted,” said Benjamin Horbowy, 37.

The Horbowys had gathered in Tallahassee, Florida, to watch live as Trump walked from the White House to St John’s. “My mother just shouted out, ‘God give him strength! He’s doing a Jericho walk!’”

A Jericho walk, in some evangelical circles, refers to the biblical book of Joshua, where God commanded the Israelites to walk seven times around the opposing city of Jericho, whose walls then came crashing down.

·
Premium Member
5,572 Posts
Somewhat different context, don't you think?

The criticism of him holding the bible upside-down is a bit much, I agree, since he did hold it in various other positions.

Donnie went a little beyond reason for a photo-op, but then, he certainly knows his base..
. XX)

'He wears the armor of God': evangelicals hail Trump's church photo op

No one accuses Donald Trump of subtlety. When the US president raised a Bible overhead on Monday evening outside St John’s Episcopal church in Washington DC, the sign was unmistakable: an appeal to his white evangelical base for loyalty, as protests and riots roared across America.

Not every Christian answered the call. The Rev Gini Gerbasi, an Episcopal priest, said police used teargas to drive her and others from St John’s before Trump’s appearance. “They turned holy ground into a battleground,” she told Religion News Service.

But many of Trump’s evangelical supporters, far from Washingtons political stage, saw the move as a victory in a world rife with evil.

“My whole family was flabbergasted,” said Benjamin Horbowy, 37.

The Horbowys had gathered in Tallahassee, Florida, to watch live as Trump walked from the White House to St John’s. “My mother just shouted out, ‘God give him strength! He’s doing a Jericho walk!’”

A Jericho walk, in some evangelical circles, refers to the biblical book of Joshua, where God commanded the Israelites to walk seven times around the opposing city of Jericho, whose walls then came crashing down.

Yup. Quite a show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
17,976 Posts
Gary Larson's The Far Side is indeed back with new material - all thanks to an unidentified-brand tablet...

As one might expect with the transition from pen-and-ink to tablet-and-software, his "look" has changed....

3821 - 3840 of 3853 Posts