ehMac banner

201 - 220 of 3850 Posts

·
Indigent Academic
8,115 Posts
I just have the "Edit Post" option.

I notice that SINC and I are Sponsoring Members, whereas those claiming "Delete" are Honourable Members...

Could that be significant? I'd be kindda p!$$ed off if that were so - fewer privileges for Sponsors doesn't seem right... :confused:

EDIT: I hit the Edit button right after posting and still only got Edit Post, so it isn't a matter of having a short time window where one is able to delete.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
I suspect gb and scott are two of a very few with this option. I wonder why though. Time to ask a mod maybe?

EDIT: Sent a PM to the mayor to ask him to comment.

·
Canadian By Choice
116,669 Posts
I get the same thing as gb. I am going to post something and try to delete it totally.

·
Canadian By Choice
116,669 Posts
It just worked for me as well. I typed in a few of the "d" words that always get me in trouble, and then deleted everything. No trace that a single "d" word was ever posted in this tread.

·
Canadian By Choice
116,669 Posts
Maybe I was given a "Modified Moderator's Status" when it was requested that I remove some of my postings outside of The Shang that contained the "d" word. Mr. Mayor said that I did not have to remove these postings, since I said nothing offensive, just used the "d" word in various threads where it seemed appropriate.

·
Canadian By Choice
116,669 Posts
Maybe we are a "Movement of "Modified Moderator's"???

·
Premium Member
20,720 Posts
Maybe I was given a "Modified Moderator's Status" when it was requested that I remove some of my postings outside of The Shang that contained the "d" word. Mr. Mayor said that I did not have to remove these postings, since I said nothing offensive, just used the "d" word in various threads where it seemed appropriate.
What the heck is wrong with the "d" word!? When I first came across your use of it I didn't know what you were referring to and I had to Google it and the only thing that came up was Dachshund. What other connotation does it have that is so bad? I just don't get it.

·
Canadian By Choice
116,669 Posts
The term of endearment that one calls a dachshund is the word "doxie". People got upset over my use of the word and sent me some "vivid" PMs, telling me to stop using that word outside of The Shang.

·
Canadian By Choice
116,669 Posts
Screature, not that I have used the terms "doxie" and "The Shang" in a thread outside of The Shang, watch those PMs start to roll in once more. At least I can say that YOU were the one who used it in the first place. Paix, mon ami.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Yep, I killed it.

Bow before me.

:lmao:

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
I suspect gb and scott are two of a very few with this option. I wonder why though. Time to ask a mod maybe?

EDIT: Sent a PM to the mayor to ask him to comment.
UPDATE:

Delete ability was not available for Sponsoring Members but was for regular members for some reason. The glitch has now been fixed.

No one has the ability any longer as I understand it from the mayor.

·
Premium Member
11,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #219
UPDATE:

Delete ability was not available for Sponsoring Members but was for regular members for some reason. The glitch has now been fixed.

No one has the ability any longer as I understand it from the mayor.
Oh, that is a shame.

I have on a few occasions posted something, then decided I wasn't doing a very effective job of expressing myself and deleted the whole thing. I appreciate that option.

EDIT: Forgot to post something visually humourous!! Enough yak yak!

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
I also liked the delete option. Sometimes you say things you regret and want the ability to change (or eliminate) it. They are our posts after all...

201 - 220 of 3850 Posts