Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Solely based on the MacWorld Jobs demo, it seems that GB allows the following:

- Record from any pre-amped device into a PowerBook G4; this means your vinyl, mini disks or tuner for example

- Export the recording to iTunes, encoding in AAC

Could this be a quick & easy way of archiving audio from different formats?

(and yes i know that vinyl beats AAC hands down, but I have a plan to gradually replace my collection with SACDs: the quality really blows me away)

BTW: does the PC version of iTunes support AAC? (reading and writing)

·
Registered
9 Posts
MacAddict mag - had a feature highlighting little known / overlooked apps....

Toast has an application called "CD Spin Doctor" that can save and track all you input (add the breaks and save individually) - I've quickly tested it witha G3 and seemed to work quiet well....

Like you, looking to do the same with my vinyl and convert it -

the extent of technical info on the app ... you will have to check it out from the source - I need a USB mic or an iMic (audi-in source) my new QS g4 that doesn't have one...

·
Premium Member
10,404 Posts
Jeffycs, I use Spindoctor and it is great. For amateur use, it does everything I need but I prefer to do the breaks between tracks individually as the auto feature tends to make a lot of false breaks. Also, the app Discus included with Toast gives you a lot of leeway in making artwork for your jewel cases. I have a G4 Quicksilver too and iMic is a great input device. I have converted a lot of vinyl from the sixties to cd.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.