Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Solely based on the MacWorld Jobs demo, it seems that GB allows the following:

- Record from any pre-amped device into a PowerBook G4; this means your vinyl, mini disks or tuner for example

- Export the recording to iTunes, encoding in AAC

Could this be a quick & easy way of archiving audio from different formats?

(and yes i know that vinyl beats AAC hands down, but I have a plan to gradually replace my collection with SACDs: the quality really blows me away)

BTW: does the PC version of iTunes support AAC? (reading and writing)

·
Registered
838 Posts
you could always do that, using something like sound studio (www.felttip.com) you can record your mini discs, tapes, vinyl whatever, saved as aiff files, which you can then bring into itunes and convert to aac or mp3.

But if GB can record straight to aac, that would be convient and time saving.

vince

·
Registered
9 Posts
MacAddict mag - had a feature highlighting little known / overlooked apps....

Toast has an application called "CD Spin Doctor" that can save and track all you input (add the breaks and save individually) - I've quickly tested it witha G3 and seemed to work quiet well....

Like you, looking to do the same with my vinyl and convert it -

the extent of technical info on the app ... you will have to check it out from the source - I need a USB mic or an iMic (audi-in source) my new QS g4 that doesn't have one...

·
Premium Member
10,404 Posts
Jeffycs, I use Spindoctor and it is great. For amateur use, it does everything I need but I prefer to do the breaks between tracks individually as the auto feature tends to make a lot of false breaks. Also, the app Discus included with Toast gives you a lot of leeway in making artwork for your jewel cases. I have a G4 Quicksilver too and iMic is a great input device. I have converted a lot of vinyl from the sixties to cd.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts