Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I am sorta new to the video world. I have tons of software to get me started but I have having a problem with just taking basic dvd's ripping themonto my comp and editing them (mixing videos and added my own sounds). Does anyone have any Ideas on where I should start to learn the process on how to get his done.? Like I said I have or access to just about any prog. but the process is what I need help with .

thanks in advance Mike AKA Sunstepn

·
Registered
73 Posts
Unless I misunderstood your post, ripping DVDs is illegal. Of course there is software out there that can do this. It's not easy because commercial DVDs and Video Tape have copy protection.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes you did misunderstand me.

I am not a pirate. I am interested in learning the video formats in order to be creative. If anyone else feels the need to inform me of canada's copyright laws please pm. me. Just here for the fact's Thanks

·
Registered
401 Posts
I'm currently re-editing a music video. All I used was DVD Extractor 0.9 for Mac OS 9 to extract the video from the DVD as an mpeg2 file.

I then used quicktime to convert the file to a dv stream.

I then put it into iMove and proceeded to edit it. It looks very good.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've been playing with video for the last few months too.

I've found that trying to rip stuff from a dvd is doable, but tedious and time consuming. And well the stuff is already put together.

That being said a fun source of great video to play with is Archive.org's Moving Pictures Site. There's tons of fun stuff to play with in there. And it's free!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.