Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got access to a really good deal on video cards here (like 80$ for 128DDR) but they are pc cards.
So,This has been talked about before but which ones are flashable and are they reliable?
Sorry for the repeat.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
The chances are slim that the PC 128 MB video cards are flashable to work wth the Mac. Sorry.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah there is a bunch of them.The 128 was one of many.When I get some actual part models I'll post them.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
I don't like flashing PC cards or having instructions of how to do it on ehMac. Its out on the web if one must. Sorry to be a stick in the mud but hey... here I am, a stick in the mud.

·
Premium Member
31,002 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
If you stick to retail ATI cards and don't wade into the swamp of generic 3rd party mystery cards both the 7000 and 8500 can be flashed reliably.

Problems arise with the cheap 3rd party cards because they use slower memory than offical ATI cards, and the ATI firmware then automatically overclocks the cheap card rendering it unstable.

ATI doesn't seem to like flashing, but nvidia is cool with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.