Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,500 Posts
I hope you still take your purchases over to the other awesome Apple retailers in the Vancouver area, MacStation in Abbotsford, Burnaby and Yaletown, Simply and WestWorld on Broadway, or Discount Mac Club in Richmond. This is great to get more people to switch to a Mac and I hope they do well but those of us who already know well, these fine retailers could use our support.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope you still take your purchases over to the other awesome Apple retailers in the Vancouver area, MacStation in Abbotsford, Burnaby and Yaletown, Simply and WestWorld on Broadway, or Discount Mac Club in Richmond. This is great to get more people to switch to a Mac and I hope they do well but those of us who already know well, these fine retailers could use our support.
I actually shop @ Macstation, as I also like to support local retailers - i just think it's about time we get an Apple Store.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
I actually shop @ Macstation, as I also like to support local retailers - i just think it's about time we get an Apple Store.
Was at a conference last week, and got to hang out with the guys who run MacStation. Had a beer (or two) while watching the Vancouver Canucks sadly get eliminated.

Got to talk to them quite a bit, and they seemed like great guys. Would definitely recomend West Coast ehMac.ca members supporting them! (Even though they said they would never cheer for the Leafs and I cheered for Vancouver)

http://www.macstation.com/

·
Registered
6,500 Posts
I've bought two systems and various accessories from MacStation Burnaby and dealt with MacStation Yaletown as well. When I move to Mission, the Abbotsford store will be a short distance away from me. Great bunch of people and highly recommended. Westworld had good enthusiastic staff as well.

(Even though they said they would never cheer for the Leafs and I cheered for Vancouver)
Ehmax, it takes courage to step forward and beat the harmful addiction we call the Maple Leafs. I wish you luck on your path to full recovery.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
I've bought two systems and various accessories from MacStation Burnaby and dealt with MacStation Yaletown as well. When I move to Mission, the Abbotsford store will be a short distance away from me. Great bunch of people and highly recommended. Westworld had good enthusiastic staff as well.

Ehmax, it takes courage to step forward and beat the harmful addiction we call the Maple Leafs. I wish you luck on your path to full recovery.
I'm transferring my addiction over to the Toronto FC. (Game tomorrow at 3:30pm on CBC). They are owned by Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment though. :)

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Maple Leafs:confused:

Hell I'm an Oilers and Rangers fan in Vancouver, you can imagine how much fun that is at times.

I really like SImply Computing, its where I've purchased most of my Apple stuff.
Hey, I hung out with a guy from Simply as well. A guy an inch taller than me! Big dude. When I asked him if he would cheer for Leafs, I don't think I finished the sentence and he said, "H*!! no!" :) Nice guy too.

What is it about Canadian Mac folks being so nice. :)

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
I hope you still take your purchases over to the other awesome Apple retailers in the Vancouver area
For a lot of people, that won't happen. You could start a DeathWatch now to predict which of the Vancouver stores will be gone in a year's time.

·
Registered
6,500 Posts
MacStation is probably doing as well here as Carbon Computing is doing in Toronto, they won't go. Westworld's been around for a looooong time so they're ok. I've never been to Simply. Discount Mac Club being in the middle of nowhere, I don't know how they get any business in the first place.

·
Registered
6,500 Posts
I do realize the two MacStations I visited (one in yale town and one in burnaby) sell MacBook and iMac like $50 above the Apple's advertised retail price.
Unless you decline the after sales support plan which includes software diagnostics and support. That $50 is well worth it for the newbies.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I'm a loyal customer of Phil at the Simply Computing in Langley, mainly because Phil knows what's he's talking about and it's easy for me to get to. But, I would love to check out an Apple store regardless of the location. I look forwards to it.:)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm also a loyal customer of Simply Computing for the last ten years.
What is more important to me is customer service so if I have a problem I can call Jim the Sales Manager on Broadway in Vancouver and he has helped me out of more than one problem.
There prices a very competitive but customer satisfaction and support is more important to me.

Gerry

1 - 15 of 15 Posts