Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unreal Tournament 2003 is awesome, period. I love the original and this title is definitely "sucessor worthy". I especially love the new "Bombing Run" mode of play - - very challenging. What a terrific entertainment value for only $24.99 Not since Deus Ex, have I found a better value for the dollar.

Here is my only pet peeve; the keys which I mapped out in the Settings Menu are not automatically saved when I quit. Otherwise a fine game! I hope other ehMacers will take a look at it, then we can some "ehMac Game Nights". :D

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
I'm still disappointed that our 1.6 GHz G5 with Radeon 9600 can't play UT2k3 at anything above 800x600 with details maxed - and even then, I get 32 fps max, usually under 30 which isn't smooth. :( But maybe it's because I'm using the demo which isn't optimized for performace jack all.

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, Lars... it should be better than that. My DP1.25MDDG4 w/64mb Video, topped out at 72fps averaged 45fps with eveything set to highest (but at 800x600), mind you I have 2gb RAM.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Oh, Lars... it should be better than that. My DP1.25MDDG4 w/64mb Video, topped out at 72fps averaged 45fps with eveything st to highest (but at 800x600), mind you I have 2gb RAM.
If you're using the full-version of UT2k3, with the latest patches, I can see why your frame rates are so high. I heard the last numerous patches dramatically increased the game's performance - especially the latest patch.

Must be the demo that sucks... are you running 10.3.x?

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I have applied the latest patch and I'm currently running X.3.1, I'll upgrade to X.3.2 this Saturday.

Oh! And the fact I have two 2mb L3 cache (one per processor) probably helps as well. ;)

[ December 22, 2003, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: Bjornbro ]

·
Registered
264 Posts
Just curious, where'd you find UT2K3 for $25.00??? I've been looking at it lately but can't seem to cough up $50.00 for it. I could easily do $25.00 though.

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just curious, where'd you find UT2K3 for $25.00??? I've been looking at it lately but can't seem to cough up $50.00 for it. I could easily do $25.00 though.
May I refer you to my post on page two of this post.

·
Registered
264 Posts
May I refer you to my post on page two of this post.
You certainly may. :D

Thanks, will check it out tomorrow at work (it's dead right now and I have time on my hands; one of the joys of working in the field.

·
Registered
264 Posts
_Outcast_: I see you're from T.O. I hope you can find a "clear" station for the iTrip to work.
So do I. Someone suggested 90.1 is good but I haven't tried the unit out yet. That will be today's little project. That and trying to find UT2K3 for $25.00.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Well, I went to get Unreal Tournament today but they were sold out. Said they'd have more in tomorrow. I did pick up a new iTrip though. Guess it wasn't a totally wasted trip.

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
_Outcast_: I see you're from T.O. I hope you can find a "clear" station for the iTrip to work. Further southwest here in Simcoe, I get good audio quality (as good as any FM station can be, that is).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts