Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey. i am only getting 15fps when active in UT2003.

My system is the following:
PowerMac G4 Dual 867mhz
768mb PC2100 RAM
ATI Radeon 9000 PRO

My in-game resolution is set at 800x600 and all of the quality settings are at normal.
But even at 1280x1024 with all my quality settings at the highest... i seem to get the same if not better fps :mad:
The only thing is that I am running dual-monitors... could this have anything to do with it? And no, i am not running anything in the background.

Thanks for your help,

Neema

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
Do you have any USB devices attached other than the keyboard and mouse? People have found extra USB devices to cause a slowdown. Do you have anything else running, any other programs? Does it stay at 15 FPS constantly? Is this on the outside map or the inside map? I'd try taking off the second display, but I don't think it'll help.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im playing right now.... actually, i turned off my secondary monitor and i noticed a huge difference.... i was getting 15fps in a part with lots of action, walking around i would get like 25 maybe 30.

now i am at 1280x1024 with all settings at normal with my usb printer disconnected and my secondary monitor off and i am getting minimum of 30fps in the worst case scenario! thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
When you run a second monitor doesn't the video memory get split.

Therefore it would stand to reason that unplugging the second monitor could make a difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts