Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I guess you've all noticed that the infamous SpanishJoe UT server has been laggy and slow. That's unfortunately because the server is being taxed with other new tasks that I can no longer turn off, such as a web server and some USB keyservers. Not only that, but my entire network is seeing increased traffic from some new projects I'm hosting.

Long story short - the UT server is going to have to be shut down. It's basically unuseable in its current state anyways. Thus, somebody is going to have to host the server on fragnights...

Sorry about this, but it's really out of my hands...

-SJ.

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
No problemo SJ. I think I can speak on everyone's behalf when I say, thank you for hosting UT. We were lucky enough to have you host it in the first place. Perhaps our Omnipotent Emperor Mayor could designate some server space along side this message board? As compensation I'll even let him win a couple of games.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
I've got a fairly vanilla UT server running on and off at ut.flyingmonkeys.org (it's off right now but I can bring it up later tonight). If there's enough interest from the ehMac crowd I can always configure it so that it's up all of the time.

So, um, will we be playing UT tonight?

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
To play UT, first get UT (have to buy it from your local mac reseller) and start it up after installing it... and open location, enter the IP and wha pow! you in the game against us (that is if you are against someone)

I'm up 4 tonite if anyone is on

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Chealion wrote:
"I'm up 4 tonite if anyone is on"

I'll be online tonight on my own server if anyone's interested in joining me there (say around 9:30 or so). If there's another server that people would rather use I'm sure I could be there instead

1 - 8 of 8 Posts