Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd be up for some Unreal Tournament 2003, and maybe some plain ol' Unreal Tournament (it's hard to go back once you get used to the gameplay and eye candy of UT2003).

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
I could not meet the tech specs of UT2K3 here.. even UT might be a little bit hard to play..

The joys of 400 Mhz and a 8Mb video card..

Cheers,

RtC

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
The joys of 400 Mhz and a 8Mb video card..
Same with me... at least that runs UT.

·
Premium Member
5,442 Posts
what kind of game is Unreal Tournament? I might be interested in purchasing it, I love games like Starcraft online

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Unreal Tournament is a first person shooter, I know WestWorld had the Game of the Year edition on sale for 10 bucks a few months ago here in town. Finding a copy might be a little difficult, but check with your local Mac reseller.

StarCraft is an Real Time Strategy game. Other big name First person shooters: Halo, Half-Life, Counterstrike, GoldenEye, Quake, etc.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I'm up for UT2003.

My UT disk cracked, and I cant use it reliably anymore.

For those interested, I have WarCraft III...

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Hello All,

Are we still going to be loggin a few hours of UT this fall/winter? Our last match was a while ago and it would be cool to get this going again at the end of Sept or something.

Cheers,

RtC

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
UT, UT, UT, UT, UT!!! Or are we going to do UT2K3? I don't own it yet, as its a little heavy for my system, though will run alright. This will be the reason I keep OS 9 on my machine
(That and I have several other family members in the house who have to use OS 9 occasionally).

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Britnell, you don't need the CD to play, unless you uninstalled it. :(

UT, UT, UT, UT, UT. I like my really high FPS.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I'd be up for some UT2K3 action.
UT however is getting a bit painful in the 'ugly graphics' department. I'm playing Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy now on the PC, and the graphics and gameplay are fantastic! UT2004 will be out for the PC soon as well, and Epic should have the Multiplayer patch for Unreal2 soon. I hope all three of these titles makes it to the Mac. Speaking of titles, I'll be quite angry is Eidos doesn't allow the port of Deus Ex: Invisible War to Mac (Deus Ex '2').

·
Registered
438 Posts
hehe, I'm on UT2003 for an average of 2 hours a day anyways.. YAY, I just recently beat the single player mode =D

Is UT OSX compatible? I might go out and pick up a copy.... I hate how even on my awesome system my frames sometimes drop into single digits... what's up with that?!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have not played with you Mac guys on your server, but I would love to play UT 2003 with you guys.

Deadline Mike

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Is UT OSX compatible? I might go out and pick up a copy.... I hate how even on my awesome system my frames sometimes drop into single digits... what's up with that?!
Not really-- the original UT has an OS X patch, but it's not complete and is pretty laggy. The reason UT2k3 falls into single digits is because your system is under 1 GHz. Don't fall for the system requirements and say your machine is above them - the requirements listed for UT2k3 on the box are below smooth gameplay. =)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts