Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think you should have to post more than 30 to become a full citizen. like 50, or 100.

sorry newbies, citizenship won't come that easily...

Phil

·
Registered
226 Posts
With regards to emceepj's suggestion, in my opinion *bows humbly*, 30 is a large number of posts. Most forums I visit have 10 as the "newbie" graduation stage, so I think this level is fine.

If you're looking for something to fill gaps, maybe 30-500 could be "fledgling neighbour" or "neighbour-in-training"...well, something like that, but snappier and more creative-like and stuff. :D

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
New Neighbour,
Full Citizen,
Super Citizen
Wow, what a citizen
Seriously Great Citizen
No life what-so-ever.

--PB

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Seems like a big difference between 30-1000. Could there not be a mid-level category?

Say, 30-499 is full citizen. 500-999 is Great Citizen and then 1000+ is Super Citizen?

2000+ could be "over-achiever" or something. ;)

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
How about at 10000 we have something like ehMac Ambassador.

·
Premium Member
30,885 Posts

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
1-30 Visitor
31-500 Landed Immigrant
501-1000 Citizen
1001-2500 Senior Citizen
2501- Emeritus

Macnutt should get a special title: official Bottler to EhMac

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Well, the new software seems to have fixed the problem where members members weren't automatically changed from a "New Neighbour" to a "Full Citizen". :D

I have a new feature with the software but I need some creative minds. Right now, the board is setup to give user titles like so:

New Neighbour: 0-30 Posts
Full Citizen: 30-1000 Posts
Super Citizen: 1000 + Posts

I can specify more levels but can't think of very creative names. Can we come up with some suggestions with Post levels? Try to keep in line with the Citizenship type theme. Maybe around 6 levels or so. With Dr. G at 2000+ posts, it won't be too long until we have our 10 k category. :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
I agree with macdoc - not important. Matter of fact, the lack of a myriad of titles is a refreshing change from many forums. Let's leave well enough alone and call it a particularly Canadian thing!

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
How about SUPER-DUPER Citizen for anyone who has more than 2000 posts...but only if they're using a Mac?

Whoops. That would leave only me . Not good.

How about something a bit more community-minded as a title for those who post a lot?

Citizen Elder?

Community Elder?

Senator?

Citizen-Laureate?

Or how about...

Town Crier? Town Loudmouth? Or Citizen-who-has-a-great-deal-of-hot-air-to-blow-around-and-no-real-life-outside-of-this-forum? (gee...that might be me,as well)

Tell you what Ehmax...just ignore this post,okay? Please?
:eek: :D

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
Senior Citizen?? I can feel the gray hair coming on right now, as we speak. :eek:

BTW...Mississauga, that eyeball is totally creeping me out. Good avatar! :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Titles are meaningless to me. It wouldn't bother me if there were none.

Just keep what you have already and that would be fine by me.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts