Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI Gang,

I'm trying my best to move my photography workflow to include only my iPad. Mostly because my iMac is on its death bed, but also because I feel we should almost be at the point where it's possible.

That may or may not work out, but, what I'm wondering is if anyone knows of a solution to USB tether a DSLR to an iPad, and use the iPad to control shooting? I have the lightning to USB dongle, and it works for importing, but I'm curious about actually controlling the camera. FWIW, it's a Nikon D7100.

·
Premium Member
5,412 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Wonderings,

Took a peek, but it requires an additional device. Was hoping to just do it straight via USB. Oh well, was just a nice to have.

It may be a restriction on the iOS side, because I believe there are solutions for Android. That's definitely NOT worth it :)

·
Premium Member
5,412 Posts
Thanks Wonderings,

Took a peek, but it requires an additional device. Was hoping to just do it straight via USB. Oh well, was just a nice to have.

It may be a restriction on the iOS side, because I believe there are solutions for Android. That's definitely NOT worth it :)
Very well could be. When I was googling it I came across a site asking for the same thing and there was no answer for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts