Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi every one just wondering if this sounds like a ok price for usb keychains ?

64mb - 49.99 can
128mb - 69.99 can
256mb - 124.99 can

thanks
jason

·
Registered
507 Posts
What brand? Speed (USB 1.1, 2.0)? I've tested and reviewed over 25 samples so far, and over 30 total public and privately (closed-door testing, Prototype testing). I've used and tested nearly all the big and small name rebranded drives and OEM drives.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i asume 1.1 usb

USB FLASH DISK 64MB

·Supports hot plug & play

·Read/1,000k bytes/sec

·Write/920k bytes/sec

·Security key support

·Write protection switch

·Operation LED indicator

·OS support; WIN 98SE,2K,ME,XP
Mac OS 9.0 or above
Linux 2.4 kernel version

·
Registered
507 Posts
Hmm, still have no idea the brand etc, but those are cookie-stamped style stats. Nothing special/fancy.

These guys have drives that are Slightly more expensive, but i've tested/reviewed their 32, 64, and 256MB modules, and they are in the top 90th percentile for USB 1.1 performance. Also, if you buy their 256MB drive, they throw-in a 128MB for free, for a limited only.

http://www.usbkeydrive.com/online.htm

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
Neil Yates:
I've tested and reviewed over 25 samples so far, and over 30 total public and privately (closed-door testing, Prototype testing). I've used and tested nearly all the big and small name rebranded drives and OEM drives.
Do you happen to have a roundup article?

·
Premium Member
31,036 Posts
Pocket bus powered FW drives are cheap, small and hold way more data.

·
Premium Member
31,036 Posts
Depends...no it's not keychain size but it's pretty small and weigh nothing. Ours are slightly smaller than this and upgradeable.
We just love em.....and up to 80 gigs too :eek:

Sometimes too small can be an issue too - ;) I just think the USB sticks are pricey. Now if someone does a USB adapter for the camera cards...that makes more sense as they can do double duty.

·
Premium Member
3,309 Posts
;)
Or build your own with a 2.5" Notebook HD.

20GB, 40GB 60GB sizes and this enclosure

Momobay
Includes support for USB 1.1 and 2.0 and firewire 6 pin and 4 pin.

·
Lifetime membership
9,262 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.