Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dang that Big Sur upgrade. Never again. So many problems. But the biggest issue I'm facing is that my USB/HDMI hub that also has power pass-thru doesn't charge my MacBook Pro anymore. It sends some power through, but my battery slowly drains over time.

This is a problem because I don't have any spare built-in USB ports for the AC adapter.

Does anyone know of a way to get such things to charge again?

Side note: other (maybe related) problems include...
  • My fan is always going. Only since Big Sur.
  • My battery life dropped from 7 hours to less than 1 as soon as I updated.
Maybe my hub pass-thru doesn't charge anymore simply because the laptop is using far more energy than it used to? Any fix?

·
Premium Member
15,694 Posts
But the biggest issue I'm facing is that my USB/HDMI hub that also has power pass-thru doesn't charge my MacBook Pro anymore. It sends some power through, but my battery slowly drains over time.

Have you tried contacting the manufacturer of your USB/HDMI hub at their support page or give them a call to see if they have a possible solution or even know about the problem???

- Patrick
=======

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you tried contacting the manufacturer of your USB/HDMI hub at their support page or give them a call to see if they have a possible solution or even know about the problem???

- Patrick
=======
Yes and no. It's from a site that doesn't exactly scream great customer service. But on that end, since my laptop is having numerous energy related issues due to the upgrade, I figured it would be worth a try here.

·
Premium Member
15,694 Posts
Yes and no. It's from a site that doesn't exactly scream great customer service. But on that end, since my laptop is having numerous energy related issues due to the upgrade, I figured it would be worth a try here.

And there doesn't seem to be exactly a plethora of suggestions or advice coming from any other ehMac members here!!!

Maybe try some other real Mac support sites or join some of us over at:

You can probably get some other solutions and advice regarding your other energy-related problems as well.

Good luck. Maybe see you there. 😉

- Patrick
=======

1 - 4 of 4 Posts