Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright im wondering if you have an iPhone 3G (me) and want to upgrade to the 3G S, do you get to keep then iPhone 3G? or do you have to give it to Rogers? I was hoping i get to keep it and just put the SIM in the 3G S. Im pretty sure thats what they do. But im not sure if you get to keep it or not.

P.S. Im with rogers

·
Apple Enthusiast
881 Posts
You keep your 3G. You bought it, it's YOURS. Rogers doesn't own your cell phone, you do and simply use their carrier ;)

Enjoy your new 3GS if you decide to buy it!

·
IAMSTIG
2,676 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you but I'm waiting to see what the new model will have. If it has the better camera then I'll just wait and get the new model next year.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you but I'm waiting to see what the new model will have. If it has the better camera then I'll just wait and get the new model next year.
I'm waiting as well. But the other night we were outside and my son was using an astronomy app to scan the sky, and because of the compass in his 3GS, the program could match the sky position where he was looking (using the compass, GPS, and knowing the tilt from the accelerometers). Very cool!

My main beef with my 3G is the (lack of) speed - I find my iPhone a bit sluggish these days, especially when compared directly to his 3GS.

I'm looking forward to a faster phone, with more memory, and a better lens this summer. It's about time I get ahead in the technology race for a bit!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Alright im wondering if you have an iPhone 3G (me) and want to upgrade to the 3G S, do you get to keep then iPhone 3G? or do you have to give it to Rogers? I was hoping i get to keep it and just put the SIM in the 3G S. Im pretty sure thats what they do. But im not sure if you get to keep it or not.

P.S. Im with rogers
I'm not sure if you qualify for the $300 upgrade or if they still have that option (through Rogers), but that's what I did when the 3GS came out. I sold my old 3G to a friend for $300, so it was a great deal for me.
Basically upgrading for free!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts