Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I upgraded from 10.4.8 to 10.4.10 and now some applications don't work.

So I'm trying to go back to 10.4.8 which I cloned using SD just before the upgrade two dats ago, but when I hold the option key down on start up, the external FW drive with the SD clone doesn't show up as an option to boot from.

I used SD 2.1.3 to do the back up, always worked before and showed all the external cloned drives.

Any suggestion whet to do next?
Should I download SD 2.1.4?

BTW: The FW drive does show up when I boot into 10.4.10, it just seems as if 10.4.10 doesn't recognize it as a bootable drive when it starts up.

·
Premium Member
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
WOW............

Hard to believe!!!!

The application that didn't work so far was Alchemy TV DVR. It's pretty old, so I didn't expect to be able to resolve that but I was going to go back to 10.4.8 for now but was having trouble bringing up my bootable back up.
Googling a bit, it turns out that the software vendor actually brought out an update for the Alchemy software, version 2.5.1 (was 2.5.0 before).
The problem was apparently with Safari 3.0.3 Beta which I had downloaded as well.

Anyway, I'm back in business with the TV application - don't know about Super Duper yet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts