Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Just make sure that the long screw you have left isn't the one that holds the top case on.It screws on from the bottom to the left of the sleep led.
Another 4 easily overlooked ones are the ones at the end of the battery and inside the CD area.The latter 2 have to be put on with the drive in place and with the drive open,a little tough to get at.
And no.....I really don't.

·
Registered
691 Posts
The keyboard might be a bit "jumpy" without the magnet being firm.Does the screw that you installed under the plastics catch the magnet?It shouldn't come out easily.If,for example,you lift the keyboard does the screw stay in the plastic or is it attached to the back of the keyboard?If it is on the keyboard I would say open it up and replace the screws.
My trackpad is a bit unstable,but it is in good condition so I think it is just the nature of the iBook.I have to press rather hard for it to really know where I want it to go.As far as it lifting.Good one.It seems to be held down with a type of glue.If the trackpad responds even on the lifted area you might just be able to simply crazyglue it back down.If no,then it's a replacement part.
The latch is again a magnet.When you close the iBook look where the latch is and leave about a half inch of space,you should see the latch come down from the display pulled in my the magnet in the bottom case.If you don't see the latch then thats the problem,if you do see it but it does not stay closed take a look at the spring mech for the cover release and see if the magnet is in place.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.