Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I, for some reason, downloaded the 10.2.4 combo- is there a problem updating 10.2.3 with the combo?

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
i would not think so but if u have 10.2.3 why not just use the smaller updater?

i think most people, like i did, updated from 10.2.3 to 10.2.4 using the smaller updater

i could be wrong, maybe others want to chime in?

·
ehMac KungFu Master
5,768 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by csonni:
I, for some reason, downloaded the 10.2.4 combo- is there a problem updating 10.2.3 with the combo?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The installers checks for installed updates in /Library/Receipts.

If you have the 10.2.4 combo update and want to install it then you'll need to remove at least the 10.2.3 update receipt. Not much different in the combos other than a roll-up of all the updates required from 10.2.

If you remove a alder receipt the install goes ahead and replaces all the required files from the last receipt point in time.

·
Premium Member
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
According to macfixit, applying the combo onto 10.2.3 might be a good idea??

"With Mac OS X 10.2.3, applying the standalone combo updater solved a multitude of issues that users experienced after upgrading through Software Update. "

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
Csonni, we are getting a real cold spell here in St.John's (I know this has nothing to do with the Mac operating system, but you are one of the few regular NL posters). My neighbor is from Labrador, and she said that last night, and what is predicted for the next couple of nights (-35C windchills), is fairly common in Labrador. Our eldest dog, Rags, who came here from Calgary, has no problems with the extreme cold..........but my eye balls feel like they are freezing when I spend too much time outside in this sort of cold. :eek:

·
Premium Member
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Dr. G.- yes, those wind chills are all too common in these parts. In our years in Nain, up on the North Coast, we saw some wind chills at -75. I spent some time as a Surface Weather Observer in our last year there at the Weather Station. I'm a weather buff at heart. Nain's the place for that. Rarely is there a day without wind. The winds are quite a bit calmer here in Goose Bay, but the ambient temps are a bit colder. We had -37.7 here the other morning, but the air was nearly still, so it wasn't that bad. Got 20 cms yesterday, and another 5 coming today. Over 200 cms on the ground now. I guess you guys are seeing another record of that stuff, eh?

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
Csonni, you have the cold, we have the snow. 14 feet has fallen so far this winter, and we still have another 10 weeks of winter. :( :eek:
I can't even imagine the cold you folks up there are experiencing on a typical winter's day!!!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.