Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So El Capitan, 2011 MBPro. More often than not, left clicking on icons or the desktop brings up a contextual menu. How do I squash this bug?

Started quite recently across multiple user accounts. No recent software updates!
Possibly bad mouse? Using Logitech 2 button wired mouse.

Also wondering if Xtra-finder could be at fault but have used it for several years with no issues. Unfortunately there is no off button for XtraFinder, you have to uninstall.

·
Premium Member
17,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So Zapping the PRAM seems to have done the trick, but it may be too early to tell. Doubt that an SMC reset would have any effect.

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
Doubt that an SMC reset would have any effect.

OK, PRAM or SMC Reset, I usually do suggest both, but it can depend on the Mac model and Max OS version of which might work.

Anyway, glad to hear whichever one you used worked for you and hopefully fixed the problem.

- Patrick
=======

·
Premium Member
17,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As a general rule I avoid the shotgun approach to troubleshooting. I like to know how I resolved an issue.

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
As a general rule I avoid the shotgun approach to troubleshooting. I like to know how I resolved an issue.

I wouldn't have considered Apple's recommended procedures to be any old "shotgun approach to troubleshooting".

Both have been used successfully for years as a Mac OS repair mechanism for some files that have become corrupted. Sure beats going through every single file and checking them for any sort of corruption if it even shows up. But to each their own... 😉

- Patrick
=======

1 - 6 of 6 Posts