Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
There's a chance that a demo of Unreal 2003 will come out now, but probably not overly soon. We need to be patient. ;)

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
Just to clarify, That's Unreal Tournament 2003, the multiplayer game. Not to be mistaken for Unreal II the single player game.

Yeah, I had heard Unreal Tournament 2003 was waiting for a MacOS X update. Hopefully this was it and we'll be able to play UT2003 soon.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Just a warning, UT2K3 is extremely CPU dependent. Having a good video card, and low-end G4 may not help as much as a fast CPU and sucky video card. The game may force many of you to upgrade in some form or another. Be forewarned.

·
Registered
719 Posts
A buddy of mine on the PC side said that UT 2003 sucks. He says the play is much better on UT.

Too bad Unreal II is not available for the mac

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Neil Yates:
Just a warning, UT2K3 is extremely CPU dependent. Having a good video card, and low-end G4 may not help as much as a fast CPU and sucky video card. The game may force many of you to upgrade in some form or another. Be forewarned.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I heard the same. A 1 GHz G4 or better is probably recommended.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Britnell wrote:
A buddy of mine on the PC side said that UT 2003 sucks. He says the play is much better on UT.

Your buddy is crazy! I prefer UT2003 to UT (it doesn't make my eyes bleed[1]), so I'm going to ENCOURAGE everyone that plays UT to upgrade to UT2003 (once it comes out for the Mac, of course).

[1] No, seriously. Playing UT for more than 45 minutes makes my head hurt.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I'm crossing my fingers that my Powerbook can scrape the minimum requirements and run it when it comes out. But I'm not holding my breath. It sounds like it'd be new or expensively upgraded computers only kind of game. *sigh*

·
Registered
361 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Britnell:
A buddy of mine on the PC side said that UT 2003 sucks. He says the play is much better on UT.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think, since this all opinion here, your buddy is wrong. UT2003 is better than UT, which is of course a classic. It's still UT, in other words just an action, competition-based FPS. The speed of the gameplay is faster, weapons are faster, there's more depth to player abilities (ie. dodging, adrenaline power-ups, etc.) The levels are much more impressive physically and graphically. It's an improved UT as one would hope.

What we need is 'Battlefield 1942' and its expansion 'The Road to Rome' for Mac. THIS game is awesome. It's main draw is the brilliant multi-player mode which is outstanding, trust me.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Too bad Unreal II is not available for the mac<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dunno, I've played it and personally I don't think we'll be missing to much. It's a fun single-player experience... the first time through. After that, then what? There's no multi-player in the PC version and would probably be the same if it came to Mac (it makes little sense since the original Unreal had multiplayer). It's got some GREAT eye-candy and some great scripted single-player moments. I just think it has low replay value, for $50-$60.

UT2003 is a good game... if you have the machine run it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts