Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

Unlocking Phones

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  RunTheWorldOnMac 
#1 ·
I popped into an electronics store today an asked thm about unlocking phones. They told me they charge $25-35 for regular phones. It runs $75 for PDAs. I would think the iPhone would lean towards $75.

He gave me a good chuckle by telling me they sold phones when I told him I was thinking about heading stateside to pick one up...he needs to get out more...

#6 ·
I would go to the States to pickup and iPhone, then I would have it unlocked here in Canada so I can use it with my Rogers service. I would likely ask to sit with them while they do it.

"Ooops, we lost it, it was stolen...". This place is a no-name electronics store specializing in free-to-air satelitte and other knock-off equiptment. The last thing he needs is to explain to the cops why he has 2 black eyes, no teeth and why his nose seems to be taking a left hand turn right there on his face, and where my iPhone ended up. 8)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.