Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just moved from Florida to Toronto and cancelled my AT&T service on my iPhone. I am set up on Rogers and have a cheapy smartphone from them. I want to unlock my iPhone and use it for my Rogers account. What is the best way to do this?

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
Uh oh.... I hope you read the instructions well. This unlock requires the 6.15 baseband from the iPad. Make sure you do not screw up the jailbreak or unlock, because you cannot restore to any official apple firmware. Make sure you make some custom IPSW (iOS software) with pwnagetool or such to restore to. (This is in the article, so I hope you read everything... :D

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
Haven't tried it yet, but uh, oh.. makes me nervous. Should I just take it to someone to unlock for me?
If you know someone who is fluent in jailbreaking and unlocking with iOS Devices (iPhone for unlocking), than you really should. If not, then you could try doing it yourself, of course following all of the instructions from the website... :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.