ehMac banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So now that online shipping has dropped to 1 week, anyone have an idea if the retail apple stores have started carrying unlocked models? Or are planning to?

I'd kind of expected them to have started by now, though I also figured they'd have the shipping down to 24hrs by now...

I'm asking as I'm planning to pick one up back home over xmas to save on the PST part of the HST... but it's getting close enough that I'm thinking I may be better off to order online and have it delivered to my parents.

·
Registered
323 Posts
unlocked iPhone5

I also am waiting for the stores to carry them, so I can put a few hundred $ cash (and the rest on CC ), so my wife doesn't see the $1000.00 Visa bill come thru for "a phone" :eek:

·
Registered
8 Posts
According to my knowledge, Apple had announced that unlocked models of iPhone 5 would not be available at the Apple retail stores in the US and Canada at least at the time of its launch. However, as per the recent updates from Apple, the same is available in the US but I don’t know about Canada and am also not sure about the online order.
If anyone has some information about the same, please share here.

·
Premium Member
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
According to my knowledge, Apple had announced that unlocked models of iPhone 5 would not be available at the Apple retail stores in the US and Canada at least at the time of its launch. However, as per the recent updates from Apple, the same is available in the US but I don’t know about Canada and am also not sure about the online order.
If anyone has some information about the same, please share here.
As implied by the previous post, unlocked iphone 5's are available from apple's retail stores, the only question mark is finding one in stock, though from what I've read the stock situation has improved considerably in the last couple weeks...

·
tilting at windmills
3,667 Posts
I was at the Mapleview Mall Apple Store three days ago and they had unlocked iPhone 5s available for immediate pickup. And yes, they were unlocked. Anyone could walk into the store and buy one immediately.

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts