ehMac banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking out the data plans that our telecoms offers, in preparation for buying my first iPhone--woohooo--:D so apart from the fact that the cost of any data plan is pretty much the same, leaving the decision being based solely on your colour preference, which gets me drawn towards bell lol, I noticed that Rogers offers what they call unlimited social networking, now I know that most have this for Blackberries, and since blackberry uses some sort of a special network, I can see how they want to use this as an extra incentive to buy the berry. Now, is it possible for the iPhone as well? :confused:

I don't totally trust what any Rogers salesperson would say so I wanted to get a little more education here before I give them a call..

·
Registered
497 Posts
About 95% sure it's not possible. Usually it only works with the less robust applications. Like, compare the look of Facebook for BlackBerry with Facebook for iPhone. Clearly the latter will use way more data.

I've heard of the occasional instance where someone has gotten this to work, but usually it's through some kind of grandfathering, where they had a BlackBerry and switched to an iPhone but somehow kept the plan, I think. Generally though you risk overage charges if you get this plan and don't get a data plan on top of it, I'd think.

Not an expert though, and no personal experience with this. Feel free to correct me, anyone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts