Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone knows how to get rid of these unknown PC on my network? i have no PC running on my network as i have only my mac mini "wired connection" my mac pro "wired connection" and my macbook wireless running on a Shaw router :confused:

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
you mentioned you are shaw network, could be the PVR boxes that they are using.. have you checked and asked them?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you mentioned you are shaw network, could be the PVR boxes that they are using.. have you checked and asked them?

I don't have any PVR. Modem only as I don't watch TV at all.
Except for my macbook and my cell phone? everything else are wired connection with my new upgrade with Cat 6 Ethernet cables.

·
Premium Member
17,781 Posts
Have you changed the password on the Shaw router after discovering the unknown PC?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
466 Posts
do you have a Chromecast anywhere? We have one and that looks like what it shows on ours - ie the linux-intel name. For sure unplug the modem and wait - that would knock off the neighbour(s)

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
do you have a Chromecast anywhere? We have one and that looks like what it shows on ours - ie the linux-intel name. For sure unplug the modem and wait - that would knock off the neighbour(s)
No i don't have any Chromecast

·
Premium Member
17,976 Posts
From a quick web search:

INTEL_CE_LINUX is your router/modem. The 192 address space is your internal LAN. The 10 address space is the private IP of your modem and router. Edit: INTEL_CE_LINUX is a common firmware on newer routers.
The other is a MacBook Pro owned by someone named "Angel".

A shot in the dark here, but does someone's MacBook Pro in your house have Windows file sharing enabled (System Preferences--> Sharing)? That might be it....

:)

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
OK, this may be silly but did you restart the router? - Would wipe historical devices that may still show up

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK, this may be silly but did you restart the router? - Would wipe historical devices that may still show up
No silly questions, we do , sometime, forget, but ya i did restart it. :cool:

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
will give that a try once i get back from work. never thought of that ;)
Merci! :cool:

·
Premium Member
15,691 Posts
From a quick web search:

The other is a MacBook Pro owned by someone named "Angel".

A shot in the dark here, but does someone's MacBook Pro in your house have Windows file sharing enabled (System Preferences--> Sharing)? That might be it....
:)

+1, and makes sense.

The volumes ARE listed in the side panel under "Sharing" after all.

The System Prefs > Sharing should list the appropriate and shared volumes… and a good place to just check… :eek:

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What model of modem do you have? What comes back if you ping that hostname?

You can use network utilities or from terminal: ping intel_ce_linux

ping: cannot resolve intel_ce_linux: Unknown host
Angels-MBP:~ angel$

it says

1 - 14 of 14 Posts