Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's another calamity waiting to happen. A "Store-within-a-store" in Futureshops in TO.
http://www.thinksecret.com/news/futureshop.html

"Apple is planning to move into Future Shop stores in Toronto in an effort to increase the company's marketshare in Canada, sources said.

The stores would not only stock Apple's product line, but would also have Apple representatives assigned to them. Apple is hiring a number of new Apple Solutions Consultants for Canada and the Toronto area. These retail representatives would work in the stores to sell Apple products and ensure that Apple's display and presentation are up to standards. They would also train Future Shop's sales staff."

My gripe is that FutureShop staff STILL won't sell Macs no matter what their training is. They'll still steer people toward the crappy cheap PCs and just use the Macs to bring people in.

I would still prefer a real Apple Store in the Eaton's center or something. Any exposure is good exposure, I guess.

-SJ.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dammit, Dr. G beat me by 10 minutes. If I didn't go to the bathroom before posting this, I would have been first.

:mad:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts