·
Banned
7,966 Posts
as reported on CBC Newsworld

Citigroup predicts 96 cent dollar soon
BMO predicts parity by this fall

SINC will take this as some sort of CBC scam until he hears it on Global TV
;)
Not sure how that will be for our export industry.

On the other side, prices for certain goods should be going down....

·
Premium Member
3,251 Posts
Personally I would like to see the dollar go back down to 70 cents (but that is of course because I get paid in US dollars).

It's a challenge because a strong Canadian dollar means that our commodities (Alberta Oil) are less competitive on the world market as are our manufactured goods (Ontario).

At some point this will snap and the government will starting addressing by loosening the supply of dollars or lowering interest rates. The challenge there is that by doing so inflation will rise.

Given the focus on Alberta Oil and the fact that prices are basically set by OPEC there is a lot of profit being had so there isn't that much pressure on the current government to do anything.

·
Premium Member
6,590 Posts
Yeah, cheaper Macs for the Canuckistanis - huzzah!

On the other hand, it hurts the film and television business... but they're already acting on that anyway, struggling to get leaner and meaner.

It's a competitive world.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
I'm personally looking forward to a particularly strong(er) Canadian dollar. Makes my American-online shopping experience much more enjoyable. ;)

·
Canuck of Enlightenment
949 Posts
I see into the future the US dollar will be worth 10 cents to our dollar. And by 2030 we will allow them to become our 11 province. Most of the american population will rejoice. As time goes on by the 3000, Canada will control the world. The whole solar system will be broken up into provinces Even though Pluto has lost planet status, it to will be allowed in as a full province. All will rejoice and peace will reign.

By the year 4000, many alien races will look to us to help them resolve many of their disputes. And by 5000 Canada will encompass the entire Universe.

If by the 5000, none of this has happened, I will bye everone a beer! :D :lmao:

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
I'm personally looking forward to a particularly strong(er) Canadian dollar. Makes my American-online shopping experience much more enjoyable. ;)
Let's be truthful here the Canadian Dollar doesn't get stronger the US Dollar only weakens.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts