Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
Only a few of their web servers (running OS 9 and Webstar).... I guess they are counting on their enemies using crappy Microsoft software too.

Would make a great switch campaign.

Like, we'd go to war and, like, our Dell computer guided bombs would, like, miss and like we'd really know the meaning of the Blue Screen of Death and Destruction. So we switched to iBooks which came with artic warfare stealth camouflage and we created this cool little Dock icon that bobbed up whenever the enemy was in range. We dropped Dell's onto the enemy to confuse and distract them. So, is there anyone you want me to kill?

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
I watched a short bit on CNN regarding GPS navigated "smart bombs" the other day. These are regular gravity bombs that have a guidance system and moveable tail surfaces grafted on.

They showed a technician removing an access cover and sliding the "brain" out of the guidance system. It was a single motherboard with several prominent black chips that said "motorola" on them. I wonder if these were Power PC processors?

Hmmmm.....

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
BTW...up until yesterday, I was in regular email contact with several friends who are in the US National Guard. They are currently stationed in the middle east, ready for the upcoming battle. They are constantly referring to their Panasonic "ToughBooks" which are, apparently, the laptop of choice for military field use.

But they have all mentioned that the 'embedded journalists' that travel with their units are using TiBooks to report on the war. Everybody is dazzled by these slick machines and they all talk about sitting around at night watching DVDs on them.

Most of the guys seem to think that they are just as rugged as the Pana "Toughbooks" as well.

At least, they are so far. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts