Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hah...

I can watch TV and play video games on a lightly pixelated screen :p

I want to get my hands on a remote for it!

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
Not a bad setup. I find this feature to be amusing though:

"Powerful PC Performance
.....With an Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor, ... the VAIO LT HD PC/TV is super-fast and can run multiple demanding applications simultaneously - such as graphics-intensive games and high-quality TV and movies - while downloading music or running virus-scanning security programs in the background."

Yup, that's the reason for 2 Core systems, one to run your software and one to run anti-virus software. Windows Sucks.

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs...talogId=10551&langId=-1&XID=F:lt_pr_vaio:sony

·
Registered
781 Posts
Nice system - to bad it runs Windows and not OSX. Apple should start offering the iMac with a cable-ready option, though - and it would be cool to be able to hang one on your wall!

·
Premium Member
6,427 Posts
.....With an Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor, ... the VAIO LT HD PC/TV is super-fast and can run multiple demanding applications simultaneously - such as graphics-intensive games and high-quality TV and movies - while downloading music or running virus-scanning security programs in the background."
I think I'll run out and grab one right now! I mean, I could run Asteroids, Space War, Doom III, SimCity 4000 and Quake at the same time as downloading over 3 torrents and watching Big Brother and The Office - oh, and you just got to run all of the virus scanners (which would use the entire second processor core).

I think the same marketing hype was used in the days when the 386 came out - nothing changes except for the amount of RAM and HD wasted on various tidbits of OS gorbachev...

Besides, for a $100, I can actually buy a cheap TV and DVD player combo; and pick up a used Playstation at a yard sale; saving the cash I was just about to spend on a VAIO...

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice system - to bad it runs Windows and not OSX. Apple should start offering the iMac with a cable-ready option, though - and it would be cool to be able to hang one on your wall!
I was thinking the same thing... oh, but, you wouldn't need the apple TV!

·
Red Mage
258 Posts
I'm surprised they did not come right out and call it the iVaio

lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
How can my iMac double as TV?

I have the DVI thing that connects to the HD tv via S-video but can I use my new iMac to watch TV?

·
Premium Member
10,314 Posts
I saw one at London Drugs a couple days ago. I thought, gee that looks familiar, right down to the CD/DVD slot on the right side. Still runs on Windows though, which means you still get viruses and other nasties. And oh yeah, Vista. Need I say more?

·
Premium Member
10,314 Posts
I have the DVI thing that connects to the HD tv via S-video but can I use my new iMac to watch TV?
Absolutely. I've been doing it for over a year using the Elgato EyeTV Hybrid. Record all my programs that way and then beam them to AppleTV. Unplug the AppleTV and take it to school, hook it up to any VGA projector (with a component to VGA adapter) and voila, a 720p portable hard drive large screen iPod for anything I desire to show my classes, including YouTube videos and podcasts. Pretty sweet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts