Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
579 Posts
Hey all...
whenever I plug in my iPhone to my PC (Win XPPro/SP2) I get that dialog tha pops up that says, hey, what application should I open....and I see no way of turning that "off?"
Usually there's an option to select Take no action along with a separate checkbox to make the selection permanent.

I would imagine this is coming up because the iPhone is both a digital camera and an iPod when connected. On my Mac, if iTunes wasn't running, I would get a prompt to open iPhoto until I changed similar settings.

· Registered
579 Posts
The pop-up window you've described sounds like the one Windows uses when it doesn't know which application to open a file (document, picture, etc.) with. Perhaps there's some autorun.ini file or something on the iPhone's disk that XP is reading? (This would assume you have hacked it to appear as a mountable volume.)

Otherwise, I'm not sure what to suggest. I have experience in Windows, but not with the iPhone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.