Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all...
whenever I plug in my iPhone to my PC (Win XPPro/SP2) I get that dialog tha pops up that says, hey, what application should I open....and I see no way of turning that "off?"

someone help here?

Jim

·
Registered
579 Posts
Hey all...
whenever I plug in my iPhone to my PC (Win XPPro/SP2) I get that dialog tha pops up that says, hey, what application should I open....and I see no way of turning that "off?"
Usually there's an option to select Take no action along with a separate checkbox to make the selection permanent.

I would imagine this is coming up because the iPhone is both a digital camera and an iPod when connected. On my Mac, if iTunes wasn't running, I would get a prompt to open iPhoto until I changed similar settings.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not on my window. the only choice I have is pick one of the various apps (word or photoshop etc) and a single check box that says to open that app every time the iPhone is plugged in.

is it possible to NOT see this box? anyone know?

Jim

·
Premium Member
12,073 Posts
not on my window. the only choice I have is pick one of the various apps (word or photoshop etc) and a single check box that says to open that app every time the iPhone is plugged in.

is it possible to NOT see this box? anyone know?
I don't know if you noticed, Jim, but this is a Mac forum. While of course many of us are fairly conversant in Windows, only a very few would claim "guru" status on that abomination of an OS.

The only help *I* can offer is to ask a few probing questions:
1. Is this iPhone hacked in any way (I'm guessing the answer is "duh" but I have to ask)?

2. Is iTunes (latest version) installed on that PC?

We'll start there are move forward. I hope I can be of some help.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah..it's a 1.0.2 with Summerboard and chess and a couple of more apps, running on a Rogers pay-as-u-go SIM. I am NOT a mac guy, have not ever gone to iTunes, etc. so I'd easily admit I'm mac-challenged....but I reallly like the PC. my clients all use same so I'm locked in and oh yeah, I'm an MCSD so I'm really a PC guy. that all said, I've also asked this in an XPPro forum too...maybe it "is" a PC item only...tho why it never happens when I plug in my digital camera is beyond me...and no iTunes software on the box either...

thanks tho...and yup, I do agree...the mac is pure enjoyment....my PC is a job!

·
Registered
579 Posts
The pop-up window you've described sounds like the one Windows uses when it doesn't know which application to open a file (document, picture, etc.) with. Perhaps there's some autorun.ini file or something on the iPhone's disk that XP is reading? (This would assume you have hacked it to appear as a mountable volume.)

Otherwise, I'm not sure what to suggest. I have experience in Windows, but not with the iPhone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.