Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

Trying To Get A Old Performa Online Part 2

2K views 17 replies 3 participants last post by  preformalover 
#1 ·
If anyone is just tuning in Basicly I have an old Performa LC575 and I am trying to get it online though etherenet I am not looking for practicality but just because it been my project

#2 ·
The Parts Have Been Ordered

I orders a Mac Os 8.0 cd and lc pds ethernet card and the site said they were fully compatible I want to say thankyou to adoptamac.com for the part besides the shipping it was very affordable I also email a guy on craigslist for an old external HD so when I reinstall my os for the ethernet extension I can back up my files now if I just have the computer lc 575 mac os 8 cd and ethernet card whatt do I have to do to install it I don NOT have the extension or drivers for the card that why I got the mac os 8 cd

#3 ·
I orders a Mac Os 8.0 cd and lc pds ethernet card and the site said they were fully compatible I want to say thankyou to adoptamac.com for the part besides the shipping it was very affordable I also email a guy on craigslist for an old external HD so when I reinstall my os for the ethernet extension I can back up my files now if I just have the computer lc 575 mac os 8 cd and ethernet card whatt do I have to do to install it I don NOT have the extension or drivers for the card that why I got the mac os 8 cd
Hmm I think I understand, when you reinstall the system with the LC PDS card installed the drivers will be loaded automatically.

K

#8 ·
Depends on the installation option you select, clean install will rename your old system file but keep it intact. A straight install will overwrite the old system but problem is it may also keep old extensions and control panels depending on what is on the Mac currently.

#9 ·
NiteShooter

When I went to your couler classic upgrade website you mentioned tech tools is there a way I could get it I looked for but they only had mac OS X versions
Correct the current commercially available version is only for OS X. You would have to find the free older version. Have you tried Google?

#13 ·
Unfortunately the newest OS that his LC 575 will run is OS 8.1.....

and the retail installation disk for OS 9 does not contain Appleworks.

Only installation disks for specific Macs such as the iMacs etc came with software reinstallation disks which may include other programs.

Kevin

#15 ·
The parts came yesterday and I installed the pds ethernet can did a clean install os mac os 8.0 on my mac os 8.1 but I did not loose an of my persanol files and its online but how do I update mac os 8.0 to 8.1 :)
:lmao::clap::lmao::clap:
Found this by doing a google search on OS 8.1 upgrade...

Apple - Support - Discussions - 8.1 Upgrade ...

The 8.1 upgrade was a free download from Apple most of the Mac magazines of that time frame who had cover CD's had copies as well.

Kevin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.