Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a word of warning, if you are ever thinking of using an online fax service, STAY AWAY from "Trustfax".

Good luck if you ever try to cancel your service with them. They make it near impossible. If you call for sales, you'll get someone who can clearly speak English. Call for service or to cancel, you'll get someone who can barely speak a word of English and is impossible to understand.

Even when you email and let them know in writing with all your account details, they won't cancel, you must call them. Called for a 3rd time trying to get someone to understand, it's 10AM EST, and they say they are not open. I can get sales, but for service or to cancel, they are closed. :mad: :rolleyes:

I have tried repeatedly to cancel, and they keep billing, and they won't refund money. They also almost doubled their price without giving customers any notices or warning.

Google their name, and you'll find many other cases of people having the same issue. Many instances on Ripoff Report.
Here's another example of Trustfax ripping people off with continued billing.

I've never dealt with such an annoying company. :mad: They give you massive attitude on the phone. I do not mind talking to people on the phone with accents, even thick accents, as long as it's English I can understand, as it's the only language I speak. I literally was straining my ears, asking to repeat sentences, and I had no clue what the person on the phone was asking from me. He started to get angry and upset that I couldn't understand what he was saying.

My credit card I had on file with them had it's date expired. When I go to log into my online trustfax account, it says it's suspended because my credit card is out of date. I can't use the service or make any changes to my online account, or update information, all I can do is call customer service in the afternoon and talk to someone I can't understand and is rude. Even though account is "Suspended" and unusable, they keep charging.

What an absolute crapola company. I strongly suggest to stay away. Don't trust trustfax.

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts
WOW. they behave like a gym membership. .. glad you posted it.. so we are warned..

would have been cheaper just to buy a fax machine, with the hassles you have been through.

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
Good to know, as fax software and phone modems are no longer a part of the Mac experience.

I was thinking along the Gym membership comparison line as well.

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts
Good to know, as fax software and phone modems are no longer a part of the Mac experience.

I was thinking along the Gym membership comparison line as well.
most MFC laser units.. offer you the ability to fax from your desktop.. I have the oki mc 561 and brother 9420cn, both fax right from my desktop.. choose file print and then choose fax..more so get oki supports scan to email..

·
Registered
853 Posts
Well that sucks. Does the company have any social media outlets? Just hammer them on twitter and Facebook. Works quite well with companies who have social media accounts and use them.

Working for a gym I will say most of the payment screwups are due to a crappy paperwork system and the fact that nothing is electronic and it doesn't get processed till the paperwork hits head office. Leaves lots of room for things to go missing. One would expect that going electronic would save lots of money from not next daying everything via purolator. In lots of gym cases the sales people are scum bags though.

I really think that all accounts set up with preapproved payments should have to legally have a quick electronic cancelation process online.

Good luck, keep us in the loop and thanks for pointing out the crappy service and even worse cancelation process.

Sent from my iPhone

·
Premium Member
3,899 Posts
As always in any dispute, get a snailmail address and send a registered letter. They cannot (legally) claim you have not informed them of your order to cancel the service. And you will have the paperwork to back up your case.
Also record the phone calls.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts