Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Picked up an external drive, the WD 1TB My Book Pro, to capture video through FCP. I connected the My Book to my MBP using the FW800 connection. I connected my minidv cam to the MBP using the FW400 connection. I made sure to set my capture drive in FCP to a folder I created on the My Book external drive, but for some reason I can't import video. I can still control the camcorder through FCP, but no video shows up in the capture window, nor will it allow me to capture any video. Any suggestions?

G

·
That's an odd one for sure. I'd say double check your FCP capture settings and make sure there's nothing odd there. What happens when you try to capture, do you just get black videos or does nothing at all capture (no files on drive) ?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It won't allow me to capture, an error message shows up and all I see is the color bars.

G

·
Hmm odd. Sounds like a camcorder -> computer problem if anything. Double check all your capture related settings (device, drive location, capture now settings). Also maybe fire up iMovie and see if ti works there if you want to verify that your cam is working correctly via firewire . . .

Not sure what else it could be.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.