Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Running OS 10.4.9 on 1 GHz PPC 17" PBG4. Triangle trouble started after upgrades yesterday. Ran permissions and upgraded Camino 1.5 and Acrobat Reader 8.1. Ran permissions after upgrade. Since then, no disclosure triangles appearing in list view folders, finder window on drive. They do appear in user view and in sub-level nested folders. Would like to get the disclosure triangles back since prefer list view/triangle action.

Multiple users on PB; they also have disclosure triangles missing.

Efforts so far - Created new user. Still no disclosure triangles. Onyx, ran Disk Utility off original OS CD, removed "com.apple.FolderActions.plist," Googled "disclosure triangle," searched "MacFixit," "Macintouch," "OSX Hints," etc. Seems I have a unique problem.

Workaround I'm using with option + left arrow or option + right arrow to open and collapse folders, but would love to get the disclosure triangle mojo working.

Any eh Mac Mounties to the rescue?

·
Premium Member
17,846 Posts
Revert to your backed up system, that's the back-up you did just before the updates, and try the updates again. If issue persists after second attempt, revert again to the backed-up system and wait for the next update which will hopefully resolve the issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. I neglected to mention that I did run Disk Warrior earlier, to no avail. I suppose I can revert back pre-updates but my curiosity is getting the better of me. I've never heard of the disclosure triangles disappearing and, since I'm not a code warrior, I just wondered if there was any kind of fix by going into the Terminal or some such. In any case, TIA to all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts