Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I keep my music library on a flash drive as there isn't enough room on my MacBook Air. Now the flash drive won't mount and I can't play music from my MacBook. However the songs are all on my iphone. Has anyone tried transferring songs from an iPhone to a flash drive? I know that there are a bunch of third party programs out there to help do this. They all have various costs. I'm just not sure which work the best. Most of these songs are mp3s from cds.

·
Premium Member
15,694 Posts
They all have various costs. I'm just not sure which work the best.

I, and quite a few members at mac-forums.com use and recommend the iMazing.app. It is commercial but works very well and is designed for any IDevice backup and/or file transfer:
https://imazing.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw...JbBAN6VhHye2SPiNT8gC3_oEyimS1VawaApaKEALw_wcB

Senuti as already mentioned was also very good for more basic iTunes transfer, but I didn't know it was free. But maybe worth a try as it sure used to work well when I last used it.

https://www.fadingred.com/senuti/
or
https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/14982/senuti

EDIT PS:
I don't really know what the difference is or what the limits might be but his download site says:
Thank you for downloading Senuti!

Your download is both the trial and the full version of Senuti. If you have purchased a license, enter your registration information to unlock it.

- Patrick
======

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,694 Posts
I guess you saw and read what the app can actually do, but as I read what it says when opening it, I'm wondering if it really can do what you want it to do???

I guess you must have tried to use it previously for the trial time to have expired.

Screenshot here:

Attachments

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
Worked for me. Just plug in the USB stick so it appears on the computer desktop and download from the iPhone to the desktop USB Folder, whatever you name it. Or failing that create a folder on the desktop, download to it and then copy it to the USB drive. Either way.

I also keep all my iTunes on an external HD, music, movies et all. I download to a 1 TB drive and then put my music on a smaller 168 GB USB drive. The external gives you all the room you need, you just have to switch libraries to use the external or the computer for the rest.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
Mojave was such a disappointment for me I removed it and went back to High Sierra. Way too many issues and not ready for prime time in any darn way, worst OS in many years.

·
Premium Member
15,694 Posts
Mojave was such a disappointment for me I removed it and went back to High Sierra. Way too many issues and not ready for prime time in any darn way, worst OS in many years.

That seems to be the theme from so many, but maybe not from a lot of all the Apple fanboys!!! :(

- Patrick
======

1 - 10 of 10 Posts