Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do people sell barely used computers on the Trading post. ie, we had this computer for a week and now it's time to sell, blah, blah.
Im seeing this more and more on the Trading Post and I just cannot understand why someone can't think ahead to 3 or 6 months down the road when they can't pay for their machine.
Or am I missing something.
When macdoc or Ron W sells a new or nearly new machine, it makes sense since they are dealers, but for the rest of us, I fail to see the point of throwing away hundreds of dollars to own a new Mac for a month.
Anyon???

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
this is true...but there are some people like me who watches the local paper(s) and if I see something I like I will buy it...if after a bit I get bored or want to buy something different I come here or ebay...I like this list and so far have dealt with good honest sellers both private and dealer..and it's good old fun...I could buy used cars, or baseball/hockey cards etc..I just do it with computers..and MAC only :D cUZ I don't SELL WINBLOWS JUNK
so maybe there are more people like me on this list...I for one don't buy a new computer and pay tax then try and sell it for what I paid why? cause no one will ever pay you the same price even if it;s a day old....it's used! and they will try and knock at least $50 -100..so yes why bother! unless your loaded and don't care! so thats my story and I am sticking too it! cheers, Mark (and no I am not a dealer either)

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I still have every mac I have ever bought... including the case and Motherboard of My 1st Quarda 650..

I can't bring myself to throw it out...

Granted 3 is not very many, in comparison to some here...

But those macs are loved and are worth more on a desk than they are as a trade in.

My daughter will enjoy many shareware games and all my commercial games... they will be new to her.

By the time she needs more power, the G4 will be available and I'll be using a G5 or G6...

Anyone changing computers more than once evey 3 years, is impatient and probably doesn't know their Mac as well as they think... or they need to get out more...

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
I don't know, I've seen all kinds of users.

> the one who'll buy the latest and greatest just to try it out and then sell it in 2 or 3 months.

> the one who's got to have the latest and greatest and buys a new Mac every 6-12 months. There may be an actual valid reason for this - in some cases the person needs it for his type of work.

> the one who buys a new machine every 2.5 to 3.5 years. That's me.

> the one who buys a used machine every 2.5 to 3.5 years. Hey, not everyone needs the latest and greatest or a new machine.

> the one who buys a new machine every 4 to 7 years... or even more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts