Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 269 Posts

·
Premium Member
42,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since BigDL is in the process of changing the name of his union thread to "Eh! You're The Troll! No, YOU'RE The Troll, Eh! The Canadian Edition" I am setting up a new union discussion thread.

All union discussions are welcome, for, against or neutral. I am not requesting the discussion be limited to Canada.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,524 Posts
Unions are a job killing parasite. They reward laziness, protect the inept, destroy productivity, and put hard working entrepreneurs out of business.

·
Premium Member
1,524 Posts
My personal hostility towards unions is primarily from having worked several union jobs. I'll take the word and actions of a corporation over that of a union any day of the week. Unions reward laziness, institutionalize inefficiency, kill profitability, and force people to join against their will. They turn the employee-management relationship into one that is adversarial, when they should see each other as part of the same team with the same goals.

I particularly dislike public sector unions. Because governments can't just shut down if they can't afford operational costs, unions are actually holding the taxpayers hostage with each negotiation. People who don't make as much money as the govt. employees are expected to dig into their pockets to pay for the demands of people who are already better off. It's robbery.*

·
Premium Member
42,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My personal hostility towards unions is primarily from having worked several union jobs. I'll take the word and actions of a corporation over that of a union any day of the week. Unions reward laziness, institutionalize inefficiency, kill profitability, and force people to join against their will. They turn the employee-management relationship into one that is adversarial, when they should see each other as part of the same team with the same goals.

I particularly dislike public sector unions. Because governments can't just shut down if they can't afford operational costs, unions are actually holding the taxpayers hostage with each negotiation. People who don't make as much money as the govt. employees are expected to dig into their pockets to pay for the demands of people who are already better off. It's robbery.*
What's surprising is that the public sector workers don't seem to see this. There's a weird assumption that the taxpayers are supporting them. The sense of entitlement from City of Toronto employees is incredible.

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
I hear they might have found a cure for cancer, live human testing stage will start soon.
Maybe be they can find a cure for unions soon.
They both have one thing in common, kill the host to survive.

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
:rolleyes:

You actually started a new thread for this?

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts

·
Premium Member
42,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've never met a forum I didn't like...and they're all alike.

Stagnation and repetition is poison to any group.
That's why nobody laughed at those ancient "beating a dead horse" gags.

1 - 20 of 269 Posts