Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure when this started, but I've been getting random gestures occurring with my trackpad without any clicking, both in Finder and elsewhere such as in browser. I check the Trackpad settings and can't see anything there that would pertain to the issue. I'm running MacOS 11 on my early 2015 MBP. It's not a swollen battery as I had the battery replaced 3 years ago. I believe, once or twice, a file in the Finder was "misplaced" because of this. Not good. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
15,524 Posts
It's not a swollen battery as I had the battery replaced 3 years ago.

No doubt the problem is caused by a damaged flat ribbon cable that those MacBooks are famous for, and may have been damaged by the previous swollen battery you replaced but is now starting to show the results of the damage:

Maybe worth trying the flat ribbon cable replacement fix as they aren't too expensive and fairly accessible:

- Patrick
=======

·
Premium Member
5,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that. I could definitely replace that. You’d think that Apple repair Would have checked the cable when replacing my battery and keyboard (the keyboard was part of the battery replacement). I might order that cable and replace as a way of troubleshooting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts