Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a second-generation MBP and I'm hoping that someone might be able to help me with what I expect is an unusual request. I assume that this is simply going to be a software fix, but if there is a hardware way to do it, I am certainly not averse, as long as it gets the job done.

When I go to the login window, I cannot use the tap-to-click function of the trackpad, even though when booted in another OS using BootCamp, I automatically get full trackpad functionality, including clicking and dragging without using the button. That would be a wonderful thing to get solved, if anyone has an answer to that one.

More importantly, though, I am seeking a way to completely disable the button on the trackpad. Whether this be software modification, hardware, or otherwise, I am truly not picky, as long as the button, when pushed, does nothing at all.

Thanks!

·
Registered
968 Posts
This may seem completely obvious, but have you configured the trackpad to allow clicking and dragging? See my attached image. You'll notice a few checkboxes (unchecked on my system) that allow for clicking and dragging. Enable them and see what happens.

Trev

Attachments

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's for inside the environment. what i want is the same type of control over the trackpad on the login screen and there's no way in there to disable the physical button completely. thanks, though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts