Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
You can have a touchscreen iMac today if you have the money. The future of a multi-touch is mildly interesting I guess. I really don't see the point myself with the current UI and practice of putting screens vertical.

Troll Touch - Apple iMac

·
Registered
581 Posts
You can have a touchscreen iMac today if you have the money. The future of a multi-touch is mildly interesting I guess. I really don't see the point myself with the current UI and practice of putting screens vertical.

Troll Touch - Apple iMac
For the home user I would agree, but the company I work for design a lot of kiosk and digital signage systems (large scale), and the iMac is an ideal candidate, do to it's form factor (no tower), so yes an integrated solution would be ideal, instead of the over priced retro fits.

·
Registered
296 Posts
There's the Modbook and Modbook Pro from Axiotron. They just won best of show at Macworld. The Woz is on their board of directors. Not only do they sell these modded Macbooks but you can also send your Macbook to be modified. Pretty pricey though.

Axiotron : Home

·
Registered
605 Posts

Troll Touch - Apple iMac
Read about this earlier this week, it'scool, but it costs 1,400 more than the original cost of a regular LED display (you can do it to those too, not just the iMac.) This is if you buy the display from them. If you send in YOUR display, you save a whole..one dollar. :lmao: Heinously expensive, and I can't picture myself getting a stationary touch machine. If it's going to be touch, I want it to be portable. I don't want to be confined to a desk swiping around a screen, I'll want to be reclining on my couch. :D

I really like the Modbook though..it reminds me of the Macbook tablet concepts that I've seen floating around. THIS I would definitely go for.

·
Premium Member
10,314 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,314 Posts
Yup. :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts