Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks.

What can I do here? I have the pop-up enabled on my browser and I have Safari 4, I just upped to the 4 cuz the pop-ups was tripping me out :(

Is it possible that I might have some spyware on my mac?

Hit me back!
-Joey

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is the, ahem, nature of your web-surfing... ?
I knew that question would come into play dude! I work for a church bro! :) hahah jk

Whatever, it can be im on a forum site on Coding or The Crackberry.com website... i get these "you are a winner" pop ups! Nothing nude.

-Joey

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,745 Posts
Camino blocks almost all poop-ups but still is not perfect. It also stops a huge number of banner ads.

One tip that works well with most browsers; When you see the warning that a Pop-up wants to pop-up just hit page reload. Almost always the page will reload and bypass the pop-up.

·
Premium Member
11,953 Posts
Okay, that was fun, but onto the OP's question:

If you're visiting a site that has pop-ups that are overriding the "block pop-ups" part of Safari, I'd start by avoiding those sites (but not before telling the website owner why you won't be back).

I haven't had a pop-up ad happen in so long I've actually forgotten what they are like.

You might want to experiment with turning off javascript and see if that helps. You should also find a good flash blocker (I use SafariBlock).

·
Premium Member
6,427 Posts
Or just use FireFox, which has far more options when it comes to blocking unwanted data. AdBlock, FlashBlock, and AutoPlayStop are pretty much required for any real web browsing these days - and Safari just does not have the capabilities.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts