Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
7,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Geesh, this gets old....

OTTAWA — The Conservative government says it is taking action to keeping foreign strippers out of Canada.

Immigration Minister Diane Finley told the House of Commons that she will introduce legislation today to amend the Immigration and Refugee Act to protect “vulnerable foreign workers” such as strippers.

The proposed changes would allow the minister to instruct immigration officers to deny work permits to foreign workers.

The Tories are casting the move as a response to the Liberals' so-called Strippergate scandal.

“The Liberals gave blanket exemptions to foreign strippers to work in Canada,” said a senior government source.

“We're putting an end to the Liberal Strippergate in order to prevent the exploitation of women.”

The Liberals' former immigration minister, Judy Sgro, resigned amid accusations that she fast-tracked the immigration papers of a Romanian stripper who worked on her campaign.

The former government issued temporary work permits for 600 foreign exotic dancers before putting a stop to the practice in 2004.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070516.wstripperlaw0516/BNStory/National/home

I image if these strippers worked with a different kind of oil, the Cons would be trying to ease immigration....

Wonder if this was one of Harper's priorities?

Please note that Judy Sgro was cleared of any wrong-doings.

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
What of the foreign worker who don't do the stripping but are excellent refinishers? Will they still be able to Wax, French Polish and Buff?

·
Registered
719 Posts
I've always said you can never have too many foreign strippers in the country.

I think each nation should set a quota on foreign strippers and report on whether that quota is being met each time a budget is given.

In fact, David Dodge should sex up his central bank reports with quarterly updates on foreign strippers and whether Canada is doing its bit.

It would be un-Canadian not to do this.

Fly the flag: make friends with an exotic dancer today!beejacon

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
I don't understand the words; how can you have too many strippers?

I thought we were supposed to be supporting art and modern dance and such. ;)
:D

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
Damn, all the good one-liner comments I had are taken! :D

Early bird catches the worm, I guess....

Just another example of government restricting immigration of skilled hard working immigrants!

·
Premium Member
2,670 Posts
This is a good thing, personally I've been upset at the "BoobDrain" the US has been in this industry. Hopefully now our home grown girls will be able to stay north of the boarder.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts