Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Toast 5.2 is (was, and will be, the download was available and has been pulled. Should be up in a few days) out. I managed to grab it before it was pulled, and it now supports the one feature that i have been longing for: CDTEXT!!!!!!!!! ITS ABOUT FREAKING TIME!!!!

Here is the new feature list:

* CD-TEXT (now an available option for MMC-3 compliant recorders that support CD-TEXT):
* Writes CD TEXT (reads track information from Internet music database or from ID3 tags)
* Reads CD TEXT from audio CDs containing pre-recorded information
* Adds CD TEXT information automatically during audio CD disc copy
* Mac OS 10.2.x support
* VideoCD - improved encoding performance for all systems, optimization for multi-processor systems (2x speed increase), and more accurate preservation of color detail
* Enhanced Quartz text rendering throughout user interface
* Improved usability of "Record" speed selection list
* Support for up to 52x recorders
* Support for Yamaha CRW-F1 recorder (upgrade from Toast Lite version bundled with recorder)

And here is where download should appear again in a few days: Toast Titanium on Version Tracker.

Booyah!

--PB

·
Registered
259 Posts
On some commercial CD-players, (like my Kenwood box), there is an option called "CD text". This is an extension of the "red book" audio format that allows a CD to contain the track names and titles.

This is really handy for those 100-CD carousels which ask you to enter the track names with two chicklet-sized keys. Although yopu can download track names and info off the internet, it's impractical for home stereo setups.

More info available here:
http://www.ncf.carleton.ca/~aa571/cdtext.htm

Y'know, I wondered when they were going to get around to this. Next - how to record and burn 10-bit CD audio...

-SJ

·
Registered
814 Posts
Some of us have to use that older software... my Pismo wont support Toast titanium 7 until I upgrade to G4 550mhz... still a while till that's happening... But I aint using toast 5.2.... using 6.something

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Oh Harrison...

·
Skeptical Mac Collector
596 Posts
seems that way...I wonder what else will be resurrected

"braiiins...braiiins..." *waddles towards humans with arms outstretched*

1 - 11 of 11 Posts