Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a link for people who don't like the brushed metal look of OSX...this link was on MACNN forums and sorry if this was already posted...but here it is..and it's really cool...like it way better than the metal look now! cheers, Mark

http://suicidegirls.com/apps/whiteout/

the name is kinda strange! suicide girls? hehe...Mark

·
Registered
275 Posts
yeah i'm not to fond of the brushed metal look. I DLed whiteout but i don't see where i can restore it back to normal like it says it can.. am i missing something? I don't wanan go ahead with it unless i'm sure i can switch back just in case

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HI there, I just installed it on my wifes imac works good...it does come with an uninstaller too...and it works! she liked the brush metal better...Mark

·
Registered
187 Posts
I just installed it. Much better

I mean if my iBook, accessories, iPod are all white why shouldn't my software match? ;)

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hehe, I think it looks pretty cool...my wife liked the brushed metal better...well I maaried her cause were opposites I guess! I don't mind the brushed metal...but this is refreshing...I guess there is a whole slew of OSX customizations out there..this just scratches the surface...but some are risky too...well only live once right! cheers, Mark

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Hello,

I got it to work in 10.2.8. I opened up the disk image and opened the whiteout.pkg file. Then, during the installer, I just clicked the Whiteout Disk, then My Compooter disk and it let me install it.

The whiteout look is okay, but it might take me a bit to get used to it. I do like the black Apple logo in the top left corner, however.

James

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
I just installed Panther in a half hour (all 3 CDs and every option), and now 2 hours after (moving files for 5 users from backup to new clean install, and merging 4 iTunes libraries so it could be shared.) I am loving the metal interface. The only problem I have is that I hate the sidebar for now. Its so un-Mac to me. I'll get used to it, I really don't like the sidebar, I have shortcuts (Command-shift-H to go home, command-shift-C to go to the computer, etc. to get around.)

·
Premium Member
30,883 Posts
Chealion that's hilarious as the sidebar is the thing that makes Panther much friendly than Jag for me.
BTW you can turn it off in options somewhere.

Different strokes eh.

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
Okay, but does losing the brushed metal skin make Panther faster -- particularly in window resizing?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts