Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any tips to improve workflow in OS X?
I have a few:

1)USE SPACES and EXPOSE, aty first I hated them both, but to become efficient you'll have to use these tools

2)If you want to open an app, hit command+space and type in the first 2 letters of it and hit enter. (command+space opens spotlight)

3)command+delete to delete selected items, command+shift+delete to empty trash

4) use shortcuts!!!!! memorize all of the shortcuts for Finder

5)make the app stack list view instead of grid

That's all the tips I have. Do you guys have any more tips?

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
Tips you mentioned are great for now, but from what I've seen I think Lion will negate those short cuts. We're going to be looking at a whole new way of using Macs with Mac OS X 10.7 :yikes:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tips you mentioned are great for now, but from what I've seen I think Lion will negate those short cuts. We're going to be looking at a whole new way of using Macs with Mac OS X 10.7 :yikes:
They won't get rid of shortcuts, epose and spaces- yes, i'm sure Mission Control will be a good replacement

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's how I use spaces, I have 2 spaces keep Mail open in the 2nd one, and when i get a new mail via growl, i cmd+> to view the email (i get aLOT of emails) and on the 1st space i have safari and everything related to it, sometimes i open a 3rd space when i need to concentrate on something, but there is a lot of stuff open in the 1st space, I also hide the dock to increase horizontal viewing area if I need it

·
Premium Member
1,838 Posts
Yeah...Launchpad is going to be a whole lot of fun with over 300 applications installed. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah...Launchpad is going to be a whole lot of fun with over 300 applications installed. :rolleyes:
It'll better than the application stack we have now

·
Registered
769 Posts
Here's how I use spaces, I have 2 spaces keep Mail open in the 2nd one, ... and on the 1st space i have safari and everything related to it, sometimes i open a 3rd space when i need to concentrate on something, but there is a lot of stuff open in the 1st space, I also hide the dock to increase horizontal viewing area if I need it
I find this very interesting. I use 6 spaces, and used to use 8. Each Space for a separate application that I use all the time, with a spare for folder and file management. Maybe I could reduce the number of Spaces? - have some applications share one?

What do I use all the time? That's gonna vary fro everybody else, of course, but I tend to have these open all the time: M$ Word, Mail, Safari, Fission (audio editing), GraphicConverter (picture editing).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts